Medical device pen testing plays a crucial role for healthcare organizations to ensure patient safety and to protect sensitive data.
The Michigan CyberSmart Program was created to help Michigan businesses with their Department of Defense (DoD) cybersecurity compliance. This program was also designed to help save our nation’s federal supply chain—and your business.
Praetorian Secure and The Michigan Defense Center (MDC/MEDC) are dedicated to supporting SMB’s throughout the State of Michigan by providing grant funding and cybersecurity services for NIST 800-171 and CMMC compliance up to the amount of $22,500. This grant was designed to address any deficiencies in IT infrastructure, and to help Michigan SMBs become fully compliant with DoD cybersecurity requirements.
Praetorian Secure is a qualified vendor and we are looking to assist local Michigan businesses with this fantastic initiative that is sponsored by the State of Michigan and as part, we are doing our best to put the word out to the masses and help offset compliance costs.
THE PROCESS IS SIMPLE
- Apply for your Standardized NIST 800-171 Gap Analysis at a pre-negotiated cost of 1,500
- Start your application process here
- Begin your application by clicking the Apply Now” button on the Bid Targeting System (BTS) Website
- Fill out Business contact Info
- Under Vendor Preferences find Praetorian Secure in the list and select the check box next to our name (Praetorian Secure)
- Submit the registration for the Michigan Defense Center’s Cybersecurity Compliance Program
- Now we will be assigned as your vendor, and we can conduct a standardized Gap Analysis for your company
- Once the Gap Analysis is completed, we will provide your company with the information needed to complete your POAM and SSP (helping you get one step closer to NIST 800 and/or CMMC compliance)
- Also, we provide the info needed to register and submit a SPRS score to the federal Supplier Performance Risk System (SPRS) if needed
- Link to SPRS Quick Entry Guide for NIST 800-171 here
- After completing Phase 1 Gap Analysis the next steps are as follows:
- Work with us to develop a Scope of Work (SOW) and Line-Item Budget
- Have us (your vendor) submit the SOW to the Michigan Defense Center for review
- Before the grant money can be received you will have to pay 25% cost matching commitment of the total value of SOW
- Once approved the project will begin and we will complete it in a timely matter (agreed upon in SOW)
- When completed the grant funding covering 75% of the proposed SOW budget will be distributed to your selected vendor directly by the State of Michigan to pay for most of your project
- Michigan Defense Remediation Grant – Max project price must be equal to or less than $30,000
- 75% cost match up to $22,500 total to remediate and cover consulting fees
- Must pay 25% or $2,500 max. upfront to receive the secondary funding from the state
- Your company needs to submit proof that you are an existing DoD prime contractor or subcontractor to be eligible for grant funding
- Must verify your an actively doing business with the DoD
- Easiest way to verify this is to get a written letter from prime/sub that states they are currently doing business with your company
WHY CHOOSE US
- Compliance Experts
We have worked with many companies since 2009, varying in size, successfully reach compliance in NIST, CMMC, DFARS, HIPAA, etc.
- Simplified Process
Our experts make the complex process and technical aspect of compliance easy to digest for anyone and everyone.
- Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
A major component of our businesses success and culture is based on client satisfaction and feedback. We strive to make compliance a sensible process. A process that you can understand the reason behind why you should do it and not just blindly follow it because it is a business requirement.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
“The Praetorian Secure team is outstanding. They treat Penetration testing projects like a partnership, working hard to protect patient and researcher data on all projects. They are easy to collaborate with, providing in-depth analysis, reporting, and guidance. We highly recommend them!”
“Their team is great to work with and they truly care about partnering with their clients. They clearly have the experience and expertise to solve your cybersecurity and compliance challenges. Their services are second to none and include application security, consulting, testing, training, compliance and third-party risk management. I would definitely recommend them!”
“Praetorian Secure was a knowledgeable and experienced component in our operation that provided expert services. Their professionalism and dedication to purpose in our critical solution was a necessary component in our overall success, a job well done.”
“They provided professional and dedicated services that demonstrated their expertise with the DIACAP process. A true pleasure to work with.”
“The skilled security professionals at Praetorian Secure were key members of the project team. Their insights and knowledge, around government security requirements, were essential ingredients to the success of the program.”
“I have worked with Praetorian Secure and would highly recommend this group of security professionals. My company engaged with Praetorian to enhance our systems security to meet the requirements of a large scale government contract. Praetorian brought a team of highly skilled and experienced professionals to our project and guided us to success.”
“Praetorian Secure has been instrumental in our efforts to achieve DIACAP accreditation. As a technology provider, we must undertake the task of ensuring our solutions meet the security requirements of the Department of Defense. With Praetorian’s expertise in this field, they have been a key partner in moving this process forward.”
“I have been working with Praetorian Secure since last spring and I have been very happy with them. They were agreeable to working within the constraints of our industry sector and to help develop a package of services that met our needs and fit our budget. Their staff is filled with experts who brought their experience in diverse market segments to bear in our organization, delivering a big bang for the buck that went beyond our expectations. They worked hard to understand us, so they could give us not just what we wanted, but what we needed as well.”
“I had the opportunity to work with Praetorian Secure on a very large project for a Fortune 100 company. Praetorian demonstrated an array of expertise providing guidance in the areas of DIACAP, NIST, and PCI. Integrity was a constant in every engagement with Praetorian. I would highly recommend their services and personally look forward to the opportunity to work with them again.”
“The resources, insight, and expertise we have received from Praetorian Secure is exactly what we needed as a non-profit organization (NPO) trying to achieve NIST/RMF compliance with a government agency. We would not have been successful, or had the capacity or knowledge, to be able to complete the major task at hand without them.”
POINT OF CONTACT
Co-Founder of Praetorian Secure and P.O.C. for compliance related projects.
If your looking to gain valuable insight into your compliance project and how we can assist Brent is your guy. He is well verse across all verticals but he has been working in compliance for over +20 years and is no stranger to the rules and guidelines of NIST, CMMC, HIPAA, etc. If you have a question related to anything compliance or about an upcoming project, Brent would be happy to assist you.